Sunday, May 13, 2012

A New Mayan Calendar? Who Didn't See This Coming!




In the ruins of one of the latest excavated Mayan mega-cities of Guatemala, archaeologists stumbled upon a new Mayan calendar, quite possibly the oldest. According to researchers, this calendar goes on another 7,000 years after 2012 ends. 


On the walls of a room hidden within a mound, archaeologists discovered red and black hieroglyphs which contained elaborate calculations. They identified a lunar table, a ring number, and planetary cycles. On the east wall, researchers identified a calendar made of small complex hieroglyphics. 





Archaeologist David Stuart said, "There was a lot more to the Mayan calendar than just 13 Baktuns." He worked on deciphering the hieroglyphs. "The Mayan calendar is going to keep going for billions, trillions, octillions of years into the future. Numbers we can't even wrap our heads around" he said.


We don't need to wait for the Maya to tell us what will happen. Apparently this guy knows the end is coming on Sunday May 27th 2012. http://www.the-end.com/2008GodsFinalWitness/


Usually, End of the World scenarios are accompanied by some good rock music!




3 comments:

LVB said...

Hey Marie,

Outstanding song choice!! One of my favorite bands from the old days - I think I saw them live when I was 12 or something LOL.
They were great, too.

I actually have a guitar just like the one the long blonde haired guy (Scott Gorham) is playing - it's one of my very favorite things on this earth. :)

LVB said...

You can see pics of it here...I'm sure you're very excited lol

http://lvb-research.blogspot.com/2011/09/gibson-guitars-are-american-treasure.html

... said...

LVB - LOL - thanks for the link to your guitars! Thin Lizzy, one of my favourite songs from them. Actually there is a slower version of this song as shown on 'The Old Grey Whistle Test' music show from the BBC in the late 70s/early 80s 'Gary Moore & Friends'. But I opted for this original version - love it!

Gary Moore's brother - is it Cliff? - use to have a guitar shop in my home town in Somerset. He was a 'local hero' mainly due to his brother of course. It was ultra-cool to say you knew him! I didn't, but my brother's mates use to visit that shop all the time. I think it was still open up until quite recently. I could be wrong!

So, no end of the world again, hey! I think I will predict a date also and make a few bucks for 2013.

Marie
aka Marty

P.S. What do you think about my previous post - I am getting e-mails about it - whoa!